The practice group assists in Government Contracts, Public Contracts, Public Works Construction Contracts, Purchasing Contracts, Architectural and Engineering Contracts, Services Contracts, Bidding, Requests for Proposals, Bid Protests, Negotiated Contracts, Small Business certification and de-certification proceedings, Breach of Contract, Change Orders and Extra Work Claims.
Our government purchasing and public contract lawyers advise and represent the interests of government contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, suppliers, service companies and some government agencies in a wide range of government contracts and public contract issues and disputes, including:
- Competitive Bidding
- Competitive Solicitations
- Responsive bids and Responsible bidders, Bidder pre-qualification
- Pre-Bid and Post-Award Bid Protests and Appeals
- Design-build contracts
- Services contracts, Supply contracts, Procurement contracts, Public Works Construction
- Contracts, Architectural and design contracts
- Negotiated Contracts and Change Orders, Force Account claims
- Contract preferences and social programs
- Local Hiring requirements,
- Subcontracts and Subcontractor Claims and Disputes, including Fair Practices
- Subcontractor listing and Substitution procedures.
- Extra Work, Extra Time, and Delay and Disruption Claims
- Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds and Payment Bonds.
- Cost accounting and disallowance disputes
- Prompt Payment Acts disputes and other payment disputes, Collections
- Quality of work disputes
- Post-performance audits
- Terminations for Cause and Terminations for Convenience
- Acquisition Regulation compliance, and Boards of Appeal proceedings.
- Bangladesh Public Contract Code Requirements
- Government Code claims
- False Claims Act litigation
- Fraud investigations
- Mediation, Arbitration, Trials and Appeals
Contracts for government projects or services can range from thousands of dollars to millions of dollars. The process and contracts are complex and highly regulated and technical. Legal Issues can be highly complicated and cover laws and dispute processes not typically encountered by most regular business or contract lawyers. Working with an experienced lawyer can ensure your interests are protected – whether securing a bid, negotiating a contract or resolving disputes or claims through mediation, arbitration or litigation.
At the Capital Law Chamber, we have extensive experience handling all aspects of government acquisition or purchasing contracts and services contracts with the Government contracting agencies and Boards of Appeals. Our lawyers are adept at handling the competitive nature of government purchasing and services and public works contracts. We advise on the need for efficient resolution of disputes in order to avoid project delays and lengthy and expensive litigation.